“This is one of the best books on organizational agility that I have read in a long time. If you are trying to help your organization to increase its agility, this book will provide fresh ideas.“
~ Erik Matthia
The book has been featured in the top 10 Corporate Finance And Budgeting Books List by the Public Company Community.
Have a look in the book! Download here a sample chapter.
Find out more by meeting us.
Zur deutschen BOSSA nova Seite
Get our book in traditional Chinese
– Agile BOSSA nova: an “Unrecipie” for Thinking Outside the Box with Beyond Budgeting, Open Space & Sociocracy – Webinar hosted by Sociocracy for All
– Company-Wide Agility with Beyond Budgeting, Open Space, and Sociocracy – International Sociocracy Online Conference 2018
– Sociocracy: Thinking Smarter Together, TEDxUMD Talk
– Company-wide Agility with Beyond Budgeting …, Business Agility Conference 2018
What is BOSSA nova?
BOSSA nova is…
… an approach for company-wide agility. It enables your company to be agile, nimble, and flexible by combining
- Beyond Budgeting (adaptive budgeting),
- Open Space (leveraging the power of innovation from all employees),
- Sociocracy (flexible organizational structure that allows decentralized decision-making), and
- Agile (continuous learning via experiments and feedback).
BOSSA nova makes company-wide agility possible.
Agile just by itself is revolutionary in the software world. Here’s what McKinsey said about Agile in October 2017:
“Agile performance units excel most often at strategy and people-related practices, and they outperform all other units in stability and dynamism.”
How can I Implement BOSSA?
Implement by probing, by doing experiments to understand the complexity of your organization’s Strategy, Structure, and Processes.
Is trust cheaper?
How can we both self-organize and stay aligned?
Should we change our legal structure?
Can our board of directors include a CEO, a representative elected by staff, and a customer without interfering with the board’s work?
How include customer feedback in board meetings?
Can we organize transformative learning?
Find out more by meeting us
Here is where we’re presenting next:
Entrepreneurial Development Institute of India, Ahmedabad, November 30 – December 1
– Workshop: Working Smarter Together
Agile Consortium Belgium 2019, Brussels, Belgium, February 7, 2019
– Keynote on BOSSA nova: Beyond Agile – Preparing for Digitalization
Lean and Agile ME Summit 2019, Dubai, UAE, March 13, 2019
– Keynote on BOSSA nova – Company-wide Agility with Beyond Budgeting, Open Space & Sociocracy
Sessions & trainings on related topics
– Jutta’s upcoming events on Agile (and of course also on BOSSA nova).
– Events calendar for deep dives in Beyond Budgeting.
– Events calendar for Open Space by the Open Space World.
– Training options by Sociocracy For All.
– Events calendar on agile (un)conferences & trainings announced by the Agile Alliance.
… from our presentation recordings
Agile BOSSA nova: an “Unrecipie” for Thinking Outside the Box… – Webinar hosted by Sociocracy for All
… from our articles
- The Wizard of OSS: Follow the Open Space and Sociocracy Road to Enterprise Agile Transformation published by Cutter
(Note: just sign up for your complimentary copy, no need to subscribe)
- What Does Company-Wide Agility Imply? published by infoQ
- Q&A on the Book Company-Wide Agility With Beyond Budgeting, Open Space & Sociocracy published by infoQ
- Connect Agile Teams to Organizational Hierarchy: A Sociocratic Solution together with Pieter van der Meché, published by infoQ
- Planning and Controlling Complex Projects published by infoQ
… from insights of our colleagues
- Why startups fumble at growth stage and how sociocracy could help build sustainable organisations by Amarendra Srivastava, published by YourStory
- Decision Making Systems Matter by Hendrik Esser, Jens Coldewey & Pieter van der Meché, published by Agile Alliance
About the authors
Jutta Eckstein works as an independent coach, consultant, trainer, author and speaker. She has helped many teams and organizations worldwide to make agile transitions. She is experienced in applying agile processes within medium-sized to large, distributed mission-critical projects and has written about her experiences. She holds a M.A. Business Coaching & Change Management, a Dipl.Eng. Product-Engineering, and a B.A. in Education.
She is a member of the Agile Alliance (having served on the board of directors from 2003-2007) and a member of the program committee of many different American, Asian and European conferences, where she has also presented her work.
John Buck is the coauthor of We the People: Consenting to a Deeper Democracy, about sociocracy, a sustainable system for organizing and running organizations. In one sense, sociocracy is democracy specially designed for use in organizations. He heads a division of The Sociocracy Group an international training and consulting organization headquartered in the Netherlands. John has many training workshops and sociocracy implementation projects for a variety of organizations. John’s research and development is ongoing. For example, he is working with Fujitsu’s advanced software lab to develop Weaver, software that helps meetings go better – in-person, online, and asynchronous.
John Buck has extensive management experience with government and corporations, including managing large information technology projects. John is the first person, not native to the Netherlands, to be certified in the sociocracy circle-organization method. His clients spanthe globe and include plastics manufacturers, colleges and universities, long-term care facilities, co-housing groups, NGOs and software company’s. By guiding clients in “rewiring” their basic power structure he helps them toward greater efficiency and increased employee engagement.